Agricultural Advances <p>The Agricultural Advances (AA) is a peer-reviewed, open access journal, published by Sjournals (Scientific Journals). It publishes original research, applied, and educational articles in all areas of agricultural science. Authors are encouraged to submit complete unpublished and original works, which are not under review in any other journals. The scopes of the journal include, but not limited to, the following topic areas: Agricultural &amp; Biological Engineering, Agricultural &amp; Extension Education, Agricultural Economics &amp; Rural Sociology, Crop &amp; Soil Sciences, Dairy &amp; Animal Science , Entomology , Food Science, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Poultry Science, School of Forest Resources, Veterinary &amp; Biomedical Sciences.</p> Sjournals en-US Agricultural Advances 2251-7820 A comparative study in fish biodiversity in Goronyo reservoir and downstream river Rima in Sokoto State Northwestern Nigeria <p>This study was conducted between April and October, 2016 in Goronyo Reservoir and downstream River Rima in Sokoto State with the main objective of evaluating and comparing the fish biodiversities of the two water bodies in relation to types of gears used. A multistage sampling technique was used to select water bodies. Three landing sites were purposely selected from downstream River Rima and five from Goronyo reservoir because of their high fish landings and five fishermen were randomly selected and their catches monitored. The catches were identified at species level, counted, measured and weighed to the nearest centimeter and gram respectively. The results showed the presence of 14 and 15 fish families in river Rima and Goronyo reservoir, represented by 40 and 35 fish species respectively. The members of Mormyridae and Bagridae families were the dominant fishes in terms of numbers accounting for 44.92%, 16.92%in River Rima and 26.06%, 21.44% in Goronyo reservoir. The most rarely occurring families were Clarotidae and Cyprinidae in Goronyo reservoir accounting for 0.26% and 0.45% respectively. However, rarest species in Rima River was <em>Synodontis membranaceus</em> (0.11%). <em>Mormyrus rume</em> was the dominant species in both River Rima and Goronyo reservoir accounting for 23.64% and 15.31% by number. Simpson species richness showed Rima River with 40 and Goronyo reservoir with 35 fish species each exhibiting high (0.90) Simpson index of heterogeneity. Hook and line and gillnets were the most common fish gears used by the fishermen accounting for 29.87% and 30.37% respectively. Our study concluded that the two water bodies have fairly high fish diversities and recommended the reservoir should be enhanced by stocking it with <em>Lates niloticus</em> and <em>Labeo coubie </em>to serve as sport and commercial fishes in the reservoir.</p> Ibrahim Abdullahi Gusau U. Muhammad B.D. Bilbis Copyright (c) 2020 Ibrahim Abdullahi Gusau 2020-07-23 2020-07-23 9 7 545 554 Genotype-Environment Interaction and Stability Analysis for Grain Yield of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) genotypes <p>Yield data of 12 Fenugreek (<em>Trigonella foenum-graecum </em>L.) genotypes tested across 9 rain-fed environments during the 2007-2009 growing season using RCBD in 3 replications were analyzed using the AMMI model. The AMMI analysis tested in nine environments (years) were showed that the yield was significantly affected (P&lt; 0.001) by environment main effects. However, it was not significantly affected by genotypes main effect as well as GxE interaction. The model revealed that differences between the environments accounted for about 91.28% of the treatment sum of squares. The genotypes and the GxE interaction also accounted significantly for 0.92 % and 7.79% respectively of the treatment SS. The first principal component axis (PCA 1) of the interaction captured 48.61% of the interaction sum of squares. Similarly,the second principal component axis (PCA2) explained a further 24 % of the GEI sum of squares. The mean squares for the PCA 1 and PCA 2 were significant at P =0.01 and cumulatively contributed to 72.61% of the GxE interaction SS, leaving 27.44% of the variation in the GxE interaction in the residual. The AMMI and AMMI stability value (ASV) identified G7 and G5 as the stable and high yielding genotypes.</p> Mohammed Beriso Getachaw Asefa Copyright (c) 2020 Mohammed Beriso, Getachaw Asefa 2020-07-20 2020-07-20 9 7