Isolation, identification and comparison of lactic acid bacteria from fermented be produced in Iran Kimchi with Korean commercial samples: Introduction of a probiotic product
Keywords:kimchi, micro flora, Identification of lactic acid bacteria
Kimchi is the general term given to a group of acid fermented vegetable foods traditionally produced in Korea, China and other South Asian countries. In this study, two different formulations of Kimchi were produced in Iran. After acidification to pH=4.2, then LAB were isolated, enumerated and identified. Six strains of LAB were isolated from Kimchi during on the 3th day of fermentation processing with using MRS agar plates and then were on of identified on the basis of morphological, biochemical, and physiological characteristics. Isolates that were identified as Leu.mesenteroides (6.8%), L.bervis (11.28%), L.fructosus (13.5%), L.plantarum (16.5%), L.homohiochii (20.3%), and L.fermentum (31.6%) Thus, 93.2% of the isolates were Lactobacillus and the rest (6.8%) were leuconostoc. Also results showed that no significant difference between Iranian and Korean Kimchi about geniuses of LAB of Iranian and Korean Kimchi.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2012 F. Tabatabaei Yazdi, M. Mohebbi, A. Mortazavi, B. Alizadeh Behbahani, A. Ghaitaranpour, M. Jouki
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.